During this very difficult and uncertain time imposed on us through the current worldwide pandemic of the COVID-19 virus outbreak, we give full priority to the safety and wellbeing of our staff, customers, consultants, subcontractors and suppliers. We would like to pass on our best wishes and sympathy to anyone who has been affected by the virus.
Since the start of this outbreak we have held several meetings across GS Group incorporating; GS Catering Equipment Ltd, GS Engineering (UK) Ltd and AWARD Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Ltd and have made necessary changes within the office environment and to engineers already stringent safety routines.
- We have enforced regular handwashing, including on entry of the office building and prior to starting work
- Strict cleaning regimes of all door handles, light switches, hand rails and equipment regularly touched by staff such as photocopier / printer.
- We have added safety signs on correct handwashing techniques
- We have sent Coronavirus updates to staff
- Incorporated Infection control bins throughout the building
- Closed the front entrance of the building to prevent traffic through the main office area and routed all deliveries to the warehouse
- Encouraged the use of gloves for handling incoming deliveries / post
- Prevented unnecessary visitors to the offices to avoid risks and encouraged telephone and email communication
- Engineers have been given gloves and face masks to wear on sites and instructions to follow risk assessments for entering premises, hand hygiene, personal spacial awareness and symptoms to look out for when out and about.
In order to further safeguard everyone in the best way we can, we are following the guidelines as given to us by Boris Johnson PM at his live broadcast on the evening of 23rd March 2020, that being;
- Shopping for basic necessities such as food and medicine. Shopping trips should be as infrequent as possible
- One form of exercise a day such as a run, walk, or cycle. This should be done alone or only with people you live with
- Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person. This includes moving children under the age of 18 between their parents’ homes, where applicable. Key workers or those with children identified as vulnerable can continue to take their children to school
- Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home
From this point forward and for the next 3 weeks as indicated by the PM we have adopted the following safe working practises –
- Remote working from home for key members of management, finance and administration staff and allowing flexibility to meet the demands of home and work life with regards to looking after dependants
- Followed guidelines for Furloughed Employees for staff who do not have the capacity to work due to reduced workload or having to take care of children
- Any member of staff who needs to go into the office area to collect documents to continue their work can do so by making arrangements with the Managing Director or Director in charge and must ensure handwashing and social distancing is adhered to.
- Ensuring customers are aware that we still have the means to undertake work when required and have put in place relevant risk assessments for undertaking site visits in occupied and operational areas for repairs of key catering equipment. In particular, sites with vulnerable people such as hospitals, care homes and educational facilities.
- When undertaking installations of new kitchens in current unoccupied buildings, engineers and other GS personnel will continue to follow set guidelines and procedures in relation to personal safety and promoting safety to others.
- This situation will be monitored continuously and all employees, customers and other key personal will be updated as things progress.
This is an extremely unprecedented situation for us all but we remain ever hopeful that we, the GS Group as a whole will come through this worldwide pandemic and remain strong in our values, strong in our commitment to provide an excellent service and strong in our workforce to deliver that service!
Further updates will be added as they come through, until then – good luck everyone, keep in touch and stay safe!